Join us in a global month of action on energy on October 11 to November 11 2013
On these days let us use the power of collective action to raise our immediate demands for democratic, public renewable energy systems for people and communities, including:
- Ban new dirty energy projects
- End government subsidies and public handouts to dirty energy companies
- Stop excessive energy consumption by corporations and global elites
- Redirect and mobilize public finance to ensure people’s universal access to energy and make the complete shift to public and community/decentralized renewable and clean energy systems as quickly as possible.
We urge you to join us and do any one or more of the following:
- Stage rallies marches or other forms of action in schools, communities, workplaces, public spaces.
- Circulate public statements; Send letters to policy-makers
- Send electronic messages via Facebook or twitter and other social media
- Organize press conferences ; Send letters to newspapers; Give interviews via broadcast media
- Hold public forums and community discussions.
Key Mobilization Dates
- October 11 – 13 -- Annual Meeting of the IMF and World Bank – Actions calling for a stop to public subsidies for dirty energy companies
- October 12 and November 9 Days of Actions Against Megadams and Harmful Hydroprojects
- October 16 World Food Day – Day of Actions against Agrofuels
- October 19 Global Frackdown Day – Day of Actions against Fracking
- October 22 Day of Actions Against Coal
- October 27 - November 1: Fossil Free Europe Tour [webpage to be announced]
- November 8 – 2013 Global Day of Action Against Waste Incineration and for Zero Waste Alternatives.
- November 10 – Day of Action vs Oil (Anniversary of the death of Ken Saro Wiwa - Nigerian writer, environmental activist)
- November 6 and November 11- Days of Action for People/ Community Energy Alternatives
- Throughout the month: Global Power Shift Phase 2 Events and Mobilizations -- more at www. globalpowershift.org
- November 11 – start of the UNFCCC Conference of Parties (COP) climate talks in Warsaw, Poland