Vacancy Announcement for Finance and Admin. Officer
LDC Watch is a global alliance of national, regional and international Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), networks and movements based in the LDCs and supported by civil society from development partner countries. The International Secretariat of LDC Watch is based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- No. of Opening: 1
- Location: Kathmandu
- Qualification Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Salary: As Per Organisation’s Rule
- Category: Accounting / Finance and Admin
- Nature: Full Time
- Skills Required: MS Office, Financial management software
Requires minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred in Management with Accounts/Finance Specialisation and at least 4 years of relevant work experience with national/International organisations (I/NGOs).
The position is based at LDC Watch International Secretariat, Kathmandu. S/he will be responsible for maintaining books of accounts, providing overall financial and administration support to the different projects undertaken by the organisation which includes preparation of financial plan, managing financial transactions, making accounting entries, preparing periodic financial reports to be submitted to different financial partners as required.
The incumbent must possess the following characteristics:
- In depth understanding, knowledge and skills on financial transactions, accounting principles.
- Preparation of periodic financial reports as per financial partners’ requirements.
- Deal with, bank, tax office etc. Knowledge of Nepalese taxation policies, tax laws/rules/regulations
- Knowledge of Accounting software
- Analyse and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Monitor and analyse budgets for new and ongoing activities according to established procedures and requirements.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to staff.
- Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of staff and training.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Track and analyse data to identify opportunities for improvements to policies, systems and procedures in order to minimise financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with organisational objectives.
- Should be upholding the organisation’s code of conduct.
- Handle other duties as required.
The applicants for the above position should be well versed in English and Nepali languages.
Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with updated CV through E-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 pm of November 20, 2019.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may
lead to disqualification of the candidacy.